COOKIES ON THIS WEBSITE
Cookies are small strings of text sent by the website and stored by the browser in use on the hard drive of your computer. On our website, we use:
• so called “technical” cookies;
• “profiling” cookies.
“Technical” Cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication on an electronic communication network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide that service” (Art. 122, paragraph 1 of the Privacy Code). In general, they are installed directly by the website controller or manager and are split into:
• Browsing or session cookies which guarantee normal browsing and use of the website (enabling, for example, a purchase to be made or a user to enter credentials for accessing reserved areas);
• Functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse based upon a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the browsing service on our websites. These cookies are essentially persistent.
For these types of cookies, specified in the table in the chapter “List of technical cookies”, it is not mandatory to obtain your prior consent.
“Profiling” cookies acquire information on your browsing habits in order to send advertising messages in line with your characteristics and your interests. This type of cookie may also be categorised based upon the role performed:
• Analysis: these cookies are used to acquire and analyse statistical information on accesses and/or visits to the website. In some cases, in combination with other information, such as the credentials entered to access reserved areas (i.e. your email address and password), they may be used to outline a profile of the user (personal habits, websites visited, content downloaded, types of interactions, etc.).
• Widgets: this category includes all graphical components of the user interface of a programme aimed at facilitating your interaction with the programme itself. For example, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter have their own widgets.
• Advertising: these cookies are used to publish advertising on a website (e.g. Google, Tradedoubler)
• Web beacon: these cookies are fragments of code that allow a website to transfer or acquire information through the request for a graphical image. Websites can use them for different reasons, such as website analyses, monitoring and reporting on advertising and personalisation of advertisements and contents.
The use of these cookies requires your consent and you therefore have the right to accept or reject the use of each of the cookies shown in the tables below.
Proprietary cookies allow us to understand who has visited which pages, to determine the frequency with which certain pages are visited and to identify the areas of the website that have generated greatest interest, allowing us to monitor use of the website in general.
For further information on cookies, to see which cookies have been installed and to find out how to manage and remove them, visit http://youronlinechoices.com.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies are used to analyse the sources of traffic and the behaviour of visitors, as well as to control accesses and functionalities of the LES HOMMES websites.
HOW TO MANAGE CONSENT FOR COOKIES
The use of analysis and profiling cookies can be blocked:
• for those controllable by you, even if indirectly, by refusing your consent or by clicking on the button under the table indicated above;
• for analysis and profiling cookies of third parties, the relevant options must be indicated in the dedicated areas of the websites of those third parties, the links to which are indicated in the table set out above.
You may also configure your browser to accept or reject all cookies, or to choose which to install with your consent and which to reject.
LISTS OF TECHNICAL COOKIES
Persistent cookies have been used as they are strictly necessary for the e-commerce pages to guarantee their correct functioning (e.g. browsing catalogues, purchase of products online and supply of the “MY ACCOUNT” functions).
LISTS OF PROPRIETARY COOKIES
LISTS OF PROFILING COOKIES
These cookies are used by the website manager to acquire aggregated information on the number of users and on how they visit the website.
Marketing and targeting cookies
These cookies are used to send targeted advertisements based upon your characteristics and interests. They are also used to limit the number of times an advertisement is displayed, as well as to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Usually, they are placed by the advertising networks with the permission of the website manager. They memorise visits to the website and share this information with other companies, such as advertisers. Very often, marketing and targeting cookies are linked to the functions of the website provided by a third party.
Our company often does not directly know all third parties that install cookies by way of our website. Therefore, with respect to these third party cookies, we act as intermediaries between those third parties and you.
We do not control the use of third party cookies other than those of web data analysts which operate on our website.
Third party profiling (analysis) cookies
Third party profiling (marketing) cookies
Proprietary profiling (marketing) cookies
The majority of web browsers automatically accept cookies and allow the majority of cookies to be controlled by the browser settings, even when you are not obliged to accept them. Cookies can be disabled by modifying the browser settings, following the steps necessary to configure those settings.
• Click on the menu Tools > Select Option > Click on the Behind the Scenes tab > Click on Settings in the section “Privacy”.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and later versions
• Select Internet Options... from the “Tools” menu > Click on the Privacy tab > In Settings, select your preferences > Click on OK.
• Select “Preferences” in the “Safari” menu > Click on “Security” > Click on “Always” to accept and memorise all cookies or click on “Only from websites I visit” to avoid the cookies being stored by websites other than those opened by you. Select this option to avoid sponsors of the visited websites storing cookies on your computer.
• Open the Tools menu > Select Options > Select the Privacy tab in the left window > Select/Deselect the box corresponding to Accept cookies from websites > Click on OK to save the changes.
For further information on cookies, to see which cookies have been installed and to find out how to manage and remove them, visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.